Newsletter Competition Policy
Last updated: 4 JULY 2018.
- Please read these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) carefully. By entering this competition (the “Competition”), you will be deemed to have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and be bound by them.
- The Competition is open from the date listed on the relevant competition promotional asset, and will close at 23.59 on August 14th 2018 (the “Competition Period”).
- The promoter of this Competition is STUDIOCANAL Limited (the “Promoter”) of 4 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AQ, United Kingdom (registered in the UK, company number 03647235).
- The Competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland aged fifteen (15) years old and over, except for:
- Employees, agents and associates of the Promoter and their families; and
- Anyone else associated with this Competition, including but not limited to employees, agents and associates of any and all of the companies associated with the organisation of this Competition and their families.
- Proof of age and eligibility may be requested.
- To enter this Competition, you must email the answer to the question specified in the STUDIOCANAL Newsletter to firstname.lastname@example.org within the Competition Period.
- Only one (1) entry to the Competition per person is permitted. Late and incomplete entries will not be accepted or considered.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for lost entries (including but not limited to any inability to submit entries as a result of, but not limited to, computer service, systems or server failures, errors, interruptions, defects, delays or any other technical malfunctions) and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- The entrants will be entered into a prize draw and one (1) entrant (the “Winner”) will be chosen at random from all correct and valid entries received during the Competition Period and will win the Prize (as defined in clause 10 below).
- The Winner will win [ ] (the “Prize”).
- The Winner will be notified that they have won the Prize by way of email from the Promoter to the email account used to enter the Competition, within twenty-four (24) hours following the end of the Competition Period.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted.
- Upon the Winner being notified by the Promoter that they have won the Prize, the Winner must respond by email to the Promoter no later than 23:59 BST seven (7) days after the Competition has ended. The Winner must state their full name, contact telephone number, postal address (the “Confirmatory Message”).
- If the Winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, or if a Winner does not send a Confirmatory Message in accordance with clause 13 above, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize to another entrant picked at random from the remainder of the correct and valid entries received during the Competition Period and to declare such entrant to be the new Winner (in which case all relevant provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall apply to the new Winner).
- The Promoter will arrange for the Prize to be delivered to the Winner at the Winner’s address specified in the Confirmation Message by standard post or any other means of delivery chosen in the Promoter’s sole discretion and the Promoter will not be liable for any damage to the Prize or failure of the Prize being delivered to the Winner.
- The Prize excludes (i) anything not expressly listed as being the Prize or part thereof on the Competition promotional asset; and (ii) any travel to and from the event; and (iii) any accommodation required whilst away from home; and (iv) any other remuneration, all of which are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
- The Prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. The Prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to change the Prize in its discretion or to offer an alternative prize of similar value.
- The Promoter will arrange for fulfilment of the Prize, and/or may put a third party in direct contact with the Winner to arrange fulfilment of the Prize.
- All other costs associated with the Prize (other than the Prize itself) shall be the responsibility of the Winner.
- The Winner agrees to take part in any publicity reasonably required by the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to use the names and contact details of the Winner, their photograph(s) and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity.
- If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize to the Winner, the Promoter reserves the right to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change, modify, delay or cancel this Competition, in the Promoter’s sole discretion. You agree that in such circumstances no liability shall attach to the Promoter.
- The Winner agrees that the Promoter and its associates, affiliates and subsidiaries and any other sponsors and providers of the Prize (including any and all relevant third parties) shall have no liability in connection with acceptance, use and enjoyment of the Prize, save that no such party limits or excludes its liability for (i) death or personal injury due to its own negligence, (ii) fraud or (iii) any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry or entrant that breaches any of these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any delay in performing (or any partial or total failure to perform) any of the Promoter’s obligations to the Winner.
- Details of the Winner can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: STUDIOCANAL Limited, 4 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG, United Kingdom.
- English law applies to these Terms and Conditions and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts shall prevail.